Welcome to the RTWCS members’ section.
This page includes recent notices and other information for the benefit of current choir members.
Please see important updates in the Rehearsals section.
Last updated 28 August 2017
- The first rehearsal of the autumn season will be on Monday 4 September at 7.30pm. This will be the first of a series of rehearsals working up to our performance of Dvořák’s Mass in D, and a selection from Handel’s Coronation Anthems.
- For those who wish to purchase their own copies of the score, our Librarian Diana Blower asks you to note that for the Mass we shall be using the Novello Edition and for the Handel the Oxford
- Diana will have copies of both scores for hire, at a charge of £5.00 per set: she would be very grateful if Members could please bring the correct change on the night.
- Please be sure to bring a soft-leaded pencil and eraser to rehearsals, to annotate your scores with the directions of the conductor.
- As usual, Members are urged to lose no time in buying tickets for the November Concert, to sell-on to friends, family members, work colleagues etc. In an effort to make these even easier, we shall have both flyers AND tickets available at the very earliest opportunity
- Please see the latest newsletter for more information on this season’s programme and the new arrangements for musical direction between Rebecca and Jamie.
Key Dates up to December 2017
November 4th: Orchestral rehearsal in London for the November 12th Concert
- Full details will be announced in due course, but arrangements will be made for a coach or coaches to take Members to the orchestral rehearsal which will last from 3.00pm to 6.oopm. For this event too, Members are urged to please reserve the date in their calendars: it is very important that – just one week before the Concert – we achieve the maximum possible attendance at this rehearsal.
November 12th: Our autumn concert:
- The Concert will take place in the TW Assembly Hall Theatre at 3.00pm
- As usual, the final rehearsal will be in the Theatre itself on the same morning from 10.00 am onwards
November 13th: our AGM
- Our rehearsal will finish earlier than normal on November 13th, so as to allow time for the AGM to be held on the same evening.
December 10th: Our traditional Christmas Concert in St Mary’s Church, Goudhurst
December 24th: Traditional Christmas Carol-singing at the Hotel du Vin – as part of our corporate sponsorship arrangement
Normal rehearsals are between 7:30pm and 9:30pm on Mondays in St John’s Church Hall. There is usually a short break at about 8.30. Members should please arrive no later than 7.25pm and be ready to start singing at 7.30. Any changes to the rehearsal schedule will be noted below.
Promptness, possession of a soft pencil (never use ink or high-lighters on hired music) and a minimum chatter during rehearsals is appreciated.
- There are a variety of note learning aids available. “ChoraLine” is recommended for learning CDs or (cheaper) downloadable mp3 files. These can be purchased from ChoraLine; note a 10% discount is available for RTWCS members (insert the word TUNBRIDGE as the “discount code” on the “shopping basket” window). Alternatively, you can order by telephone on 07561 445897 – and say you are a member of the Royal Tunbridge Wells Choral Society. Streamed “midi” and other music files files of the more popular choral works can be downloaded free from “Cyberbass ” and “LearnChoralMusic.co.uk“. The latter site also has some useful tips on methods of playing “midi” files on computers which will vary depending on the user’s operating systems and applications.
- The Archive section of this web site now includes links to copies of all virtually all our concert programmes since 1959. Visitors to our photo gallery will see several recent additions to the collection of photos “on show”, including some additional archive photos found in the Tunbridge Wells Museum.
- The “other events” page now includes a list of links to most other music clubs, venues and and choirs in the area. It no longer lists a chronological list of events.
- Previous and current Newsletters can be read via this link.
- Any other notices? If you would like to put up a notice here that concerns or would be of interest to RTWCS members then please email Ginny Osborn email@example.com.
- Please also feel free to E-mail with feedback about the site, or to report any errors (however minor), omissions or broken links etc.