Welcome to the RTWCS members’ section.
This page includes recent notices and other information for the benefit of current choir members.
Please see important updates in the Rehearsals section.
Last updated 24 June 2017.
Normal rehearsals are between 7:30pm and 9:30pm on Mondays in St John’s Church Hall. There is usually a short break at about 8.30. Members should please arrive no later than 7.25pm and be ready to start singing at 7.30. Any changes to the rehearsal schedule will be noted below.
Promptness, possession of a soft pencil (never use ink or high-lighters on hired music) and a minimum chatter during rehearsals is appreciated.
- There are a variety of note learning aids available. “ChoraLine” is recommended for learning CDs or (cheaper) downloadable mp3 files. These can be purchased from ChoraLine; note a 10% discount is available for RTWCS members (insert the word TUNBRIDGE as the “discount code” on the “shopping basket” window). Alternatively, you can order by telephone on 07561 445897 – and say you are a member of the Royal Tunbridge Wells Choral Society. Streamed “midi” and other music files files of the more popular choral works can be downloaded free from “Cyberbass ” and “LearnChoralMusic.co.uk“. The latter site also has some useful tips on methods of playing “midi” files on computers which will vary depending on the user’s operating systems and applications.
- The Archive section of this web site now includes links to copies of all virtually all our concert programmes since 1959. Visitors to our photo gallery will see several recent additions to the collection of photos “on show”, including some additional archive photos found in the Tunbridge Wells Museum.
- The “other events” page now includes a list of links to most other music clubs, venues and and choirs in the area. It no longer lists a chronological list of events.
- Previous and current Newsletters can be read via this link.
- Any other notices? If you would like to put up a notice here that concerns or would be of interest to RTWCS members then please email Ginny Osborn email@example.com.
- Please also feel free to E-mail with feedback about the site, or to report any errors (however minor), omissions or broken links etc.