Welcome to the RTWCS members’ section.
This page includes current notices and miscellaneous information for current choir members.
The rehearsal schedule displays dates, locations and conductor for each rehearsal together with revision notes for the next rehearsal. This will be updated as information becomes available.
General information is in the Rehearsals section below.
This page last updated 11 December 2017
- The 2017/18 newsletter contains information on the season’s programme and arrangements for musical direction between Rebecca and Jamie.
Key Dates up to December 2017
December 24th: Traditional Christmas Carol-singing at the Hotel du Vin – as part of our corporate sponsorship arrangement
Scores for Spring concert
For those wishing to purchase their own music the publishers are as follows:
- Stravinsky: Symphony of psalms (Boosey & Hawkes)
- Bernstein: Chichester psalms (Boosey & Hawkes)
- Rutter: Magnificat (OUP Music)
For those wishing to hire, sets will be available at the first rehearsal (Monday 8 January 2018) at a cost of £5.
Most rehearsals take place between 7:30pm and 9:30pm on Mondays in St John’s Church Hall. There is usually a short break at about 8.30pm. Members are asked to arrive no later than 7.25pm and to be ready to start singing at 7.30pm. Any changes will be noted in the rehearsal schedule.
Please arrive promptly, and always have with you a soft pencil and eraser – never use ink or highlighting pens on hired music. A minimum of chattering during rehearsals is a courtesy to the conductor.
Various note–learning aids are available. “ChoraLine” is recommended for learning, with CDs or (cheaper) downloadable mp3 files available. These can be purchased from ChoraLine – a 10% discount is available for RTWCS members (use the word TUNBRIDGE as the “discount code” in the “shopping basket” window). Alternatively, you can order by telephone on 07561 445897 and tell them that you are a member of the Royal Tunbridge Wells Choral Society. Streamed “midi” and other music files files of the more popular choral works can be downloaded free from “Cyberbass ” and “LearnChoralMusic.co.uk“. The latter site also has useful tips on how to play midi files on your computer, which varies according to your computer’s operating systems and applications.
- The Archive section of this website now contains links to copies of all virtually all our concert programmes since 1959. Visitors to our photo gallery will see several recent additions to the collection of photos “on show”, including some additional archive photos found in the Tunbridge Wells Museum.
- The “other events” page now includes a list of links to most other music clubs, venues and and choirs in the area. It no longer lists a chronological list of events.
- Previous and current Newsletters can be read here.
- If you would like to place a notice here that concerns or would be of interest to RTWCS members then please email the website manager Antony Gordon.
- Please email any feedback about the site and report any errors (however minor), omissions or broken links.