This page updated 12 May 2018
Rehearsals start on Monday 3 September for the autumn concert. The works to be sung are: Elgar’s The spirit of England, and Vaughan Williams’s Dona nobis pacem. The full rehearsal schedule will be available in June.
Summer Concert Sunday 24 June
Time: 18.30 (6.30 p.m.) with an afternoon rehearsal
Venue: Tunbridge Wells United Reformed Church, 1 Mount Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells TN4 8AE
We have a lovely programme for this concert and I hope as many of you as possible will join us for it. Last year’s concert at the URC was a very enjoyable afternoon and a nice end to the choral year!
The concert programme details and running order are here.
Music For Summer Concert Rehearsals – note from Diana (Librarian)
On April 30th we will begin rehearsals for our summer concert on 24th June.
I will have copies for hire (at a cost of £4) but I know some members like to get hold of their own copies of the music in advance. The summer concert programme and a listing of the music required is here and also detailed below.
- The Greatest Choral Classics, pub. Novello. A lot of you will have purchased this volume from me three years ago and we have used it quite a lot during the past 2 or 3 years.
- Vaughan Williams: Five Folksongs, pub. Stainer & Bell
- There will be a third photocopied volume – referred to in the linked document above as White booklet, which will be distributed at the first rehearsal.
Most rehearsals take place between 7:30pm and 9:30pm on Mondays in St John’s Church Hall. There is usually a short break at about 8.30pm. Members are asked to arrive no later than 7.25pm and to be ready to start singing at 7.30pm. Any changes will be noted in the rehearsal schedule.
Please arrive promptly, and always have with you a soft pencil and eraser – never use ink or highlighting pens on hired music. A minimum of chattering during rehearsals is a courtesy to the conductor.
Various note–learning aids are available. “ChoraLine” is recommended for learning, with CDs or (cheaper) downloadable mp3 files available. These can be purchased from ChoraLine – a 10% discount is available for RTWCS members (use the word TUNBRIDGE as the “discount code” in the “shopping basket” window). Alternatively, you can order by telephone on 07561 445897 and tell them that you are a member of the Royal Tunbridge Wells Choral Society. Streamed “midi” and other music files files of the more popular choral works can be downloaded free from “Cyberbass ” and “LearnChoralMusic.co.uk“. The latter site also has useful tips on how to play midi files on your computer, which varies according to your computer’s operating systems and applications.
- The 2017/18 newsletter contains information on the season’s programme and arrangements for musical direction between Rebecca and Jamie.
- The Archive section of this website now contains links to copies of all virtually all our concert programmes since 1959. Visitors to our photo gallery will see several recent additions to the collection of photos “on show”, including some additional archive photos found in the Tunbridge Wells Museum.
- Previous and current Newsletters can be read here.
- If you would like to place a notice here that concerns or would be of interest to RTWCS members then please email the website manager Antony Gordon.
- Please email any feedback about the site and report any errors (however minor), omissions or broken links.