Mary Standen joined the choir in 1945 and served as Membership Secretary for most of the latter half of the 20th century. She wrote a short history of the Choir entitled “90 plus” which can be seen here in PDF copies: preface and text. Photographs and illustrations that were included together with a few additions can be seen in the early photos page:
- Francis Foote – the choir’s founder and conductor up to 1942.
- Albert Croucher – the choir’s conductor 1945-1948.
- Robin Miller – the choir’s musical director from 1948-1953
- Dr Harold May – the choir’s musical director from 1953-1964
- Derek Watmough – the choir’s conductor at the time the time the book was published (c. 1996)
- Choir singing carols in 1963 and 1967.
- 1943 Poster – advertising the Messiah in the Assembly Hall
Appendix I: List of all RTWCS Concerts up to 2000 as published in “90 plus”. There is an amended list with links to programmes, where available.
Appendix II Concerts with Wiesbaden Bach Chor 1985-1999 (amended list)
Note. Mary Standen died in March 2002 after serving the Society for over 50 years. Our concert in November 2003 (Bach’s Christmas Oratorio) was dedicated to her memory as a mark of the Choir’s affection and gratitude.